Monday, February 9, 2009

The Leander Highway Patrol


Neighbors,

Just a word of caution...

I just received a telephone solicitation from someone who identified himself as "with the Leander Highway Patrol." He made a vague reference to an "officer who was recently killed in the line of duty," and was wanting a donation. This sounded suspicious, as I had never heard of the "Leander Highway Patrol." I agreed to have him send info by mail, then hung up and called the Leander Police Dept.

I asked the officer who answered if he had ever heard of the Leander Highway Patrol, and he said, "No, sir." I told him what had just transpired and he said, "Give us a call back when you get their mailing. We'd be very interested in looking at it."

One other note: the call came from a "C Marshall" at (281) 580-6385 -- A Houston phone number.

I suspect that this is a phone bank operation which is in the business of scamming people, and will identify themselves as "with the [enter your city name here] Highway Patrol."

I'll keep you posted as I learn more...

No comments: