Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Issues With Suddenlink


We now have one more reason to dump Suddenlink in favor of AT&T DSL (see related story). This morning I sent an email to Berna (at her Suddenlink email account) and it almost immediately bounced with "Unknown recipient." I then tried to retrieve email from my Suddenlink email account and got "Invalid login or password."

I called Suddenlink tech support to report that their email system was down. "No, it seems to be just fine," I was told. When I told him what I had just experienced, he asked my permission to look at my account. "Hmmmm... I don't see that you have any email accounts."

To make a long story short, Suddenlink has somehow destroyed all three of our email accounts, they have no explanation how it happened, and nine hours later we still have no email accounts. And, oh, by the way (I was told) any email that was in your Suddenlink inbox will undoubtedly be lost.

We have been using AT&T on a trial basis. Now, I think there is no doubt that the trial is over and Suddenlink is out'a here.

--Rusty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully this will be able to help you. My name is Chris and I am a supervisor for the I-Care department (online dept). Unfortunately there is an issue that we are seeing where a long-standing email address has disappeared. The Customer cannot log into it, and when they call us for assistance, the Customer Service Representative cannot find the account in our database. However, we have submitted multiple tickets which have resolved the issue. If you would like to email me at christopher.brooke@suddenlink.com, with your account information then I can gladly submit this ticket for you and get this issue resolved. You can also call our support center at 1-888-822-5151 or engage in an online chat session at www.suddenlink.com. Either way would be fine, however a ticket does need to be submitted to get this issue resolved. Hope this was helpful! :-)

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Thanks for the offer to help. I already have a case open. Over 24 hours after our email accounts were destroyed, they finally got them rebuilt (not restored). I was told that they were still investigating how it happened and will get back to me as soon as they know something. I don't expect to hear anything.